Main Street Cooperation and Sondrea Espresso are assembling an exhibition of community and professional photographs that inspire us with artistic expressions of the theme “Inspired on Main Street”.
You can win great prizes and contribute to the exhibition by entering #mainstreetinspired: Community Photography Competition.
To enter, share your personal, artistic interpretation of the theme “inspired” in the images you collect from within the Main Street urban village.
Professional category prize: $400 voucher for a camera store of your choosing
Community category prize: $200 voucher for a local Main Street restaurant or retail store
People’s choice prize: $100 voucher for a Main Street restaurant or retail store
All winners will also receive a professionally framed copy of their photograph.
A shortlist of photographs will be exhibited for enjoyment and a people’s choice vote at Sondrea Espresso from 16 January to 14 February 2021, sharing your interpretation of the theme with our community.
All shortlisted photographers will be invited to celebrate being inspired with us at an awards event, when the winners will be announced and rewarded with prizes.
This project is supported by the City of Stirling.
How to enter:
Closing date for entries is 17th December 2020.
If you have a public Instagram account:
Share your photograph from your Instagram account with the hastags #mainstreetinspired #mainstreetcomestolife and in the caption, confirm if you’re entering the professional or amateur category.
We will re-gram all entries, attributing the image to your public Instagram account.
If you have a private Instagram account:
Email your photograph (cropped to fit the Insta square) to email@example.com, with the subject #mainstreetinspired. In the email text, tell us your Instagram handle and if you’re entering as a professional or amateur. We will then share the photograph entry on your behalf from our public Instagram account, attributing the photograph to your private account (sharing the photograph, but not your personal album – we know privacy on social media is important!).
The small print:
- Professional entries – 1 entry per photographer limit. Winners maybe required to provide evidence of professional practice.
- Community entries – no limit on the number of photographs entered.
- No restriction on editing of photographs or use of filters. The core judging criterion will be the artistic expression of the theme “Inspired” on Main Street through the medium of photography.
- Three judges are volunteering their time, each with background in visual arts and a strong relationship to Main Street. Judges decisions are final.
- All entries must be photographs from Main Street, Osborne Park (between Cape and Eldorado Streets) taken by the photographer. They do not need to be recent photographs taken during the entry period.
- If shortlisted, photographers will be asked to provide a digital, high resolution version of their shortlisted photograph for exhibition
- Shortlisted photographers will be invited to sign an agreement, granting permission to Main Street Cooperation for the display and use of shortlisted photographs for a duration and purposes agreed by the photographer and Main Street Cooperation.
- Photographers retain all rights to the photograph and in all cases will be attributed.